Online homeschooling is an alternative for many parents in developed countries to make their children learn at home. Parents support homeschools for many reasons as motivations to homeschool their children. Some major reasons for many parents to choose an online homeschool is to provide religious or moral instruction, and dissatisfaction with academic instruction at public or private schools. There are some more advantages of an accredited homeschool which are listed below:
1. Affordability – Normally, parents choose homeschools for their children because of budget constraints. One has option to pay fees either quarterly or monthly. Parents can expect technologically-advanced programs at affordable cost.
2. Support – Online homeschools use advanced technology for a seamless communication between the teachers and the students. A message application is provided where both teachers and students can send direct messages to each other. These messages appear as an icon on every page of the curriculum. The messaging applications are designed so well which allows the sender to send a message linked to a particular assignment rather just a general message. The teachers communicate via email, but homeschools also provide phone-support and webinar technology to allow connection between the student and the teacher. The webinar technology allows sharing the screen and helps the teachers to explain a concept.
3. Personal Guidance – Online homeschools provide a personalized system which gives instructs the student according to his current level of knowledge, and or degree of understanding. The personalized instructors work on the student’s strengths and weaknesses by analyzing his achievement level and ability.
4. Experienced Staff – Personnel hired have wealth of experience as teachers and administrators as well as education specialists for decades. The credentials of these personnel undergo scrutiny by the schools, curriculum education publishers and also the accreditation agency which the respective homeschool is accredited to. The administrators are past teachers and administered private schools. They have worked as education consultants and also field-representatives.
5. Innovative – The online homeschools embrace education technology because students in the present era perceive technology as their friend and rely on it to study, work, play, relax, and communicate. Videos with visually-enhanced content and auditory instructions are provided to students. These video clips reinforce and enrich the concept presented in the lessons. A dynamic mix of text and multimedia presentations helps students to grasp and understand concepts for a longer time. This innovative education technology enhances the learning experience, increases level of interest, and ensures they master the content provided.
6. Flexibility – Flexibility is the key to homeschooling. Online homeschools provide flexibility in terms of scheduling, teaching, learning, and course selection. Parents have full control on generating the lesson plans for the children, depending on the months and days they desire their child to learn. The curriculum is provided both in paper and electronic to ensure the most effective teaching for the students. There is flexibility for students to learn at their pace and select the course subject electives.